There are several special academic opportunities for students at Penn State Scranton. These include, but are not limited to:
- First Year Engagement engages students and supplements their academics with out-of-the-classroom experiences.
- The Global Program with a new global region as a focus each year.
- High School Programs are for high school students interested in obtaining college credits as well as gaining the experience of higher education while still attending high school.
- The Honors Program for students who wish to take advantage of academically enriching activities and classes.
- Linde Mentoring Program gives students the chance to gain real-world knowledge and experiences working one-on-one with professional mentor in the career field of their choice.
- The Music Program offers high quality instrumental and choral performing ensemble opportunities in a variety of formats for instrumentalists and vocalists of all ability.
- The Undergraduate Research showcases the students' research, creative and scholarly activities.
- Various summer programs such as credit courses for undergraduate students, pre-college programs, and youth camps.