We Are Penn State.
Penn State consistently ranks among the top one percent of the world’s universities. Our tuition is among the lowest of colleges in the region. This, combined with our internationally renowned degrees makes Penn State Scranton an excellent place to further your education. We offer the best educational value in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
We will provide you with high-quality academics, state-of-the-art technology and a supportive faculty that will prepare you for your future.
Penn State Scranton is...
- a "Big Ten" internationally renowned university close to home, offering baccalaureate and associate degrees and certificate programs taught by Penn State faculty.
- a teaching/learning/research institution for undergraduate education and for lifelong learning.
- a small campus with a big degree.
- a partner in educational collaborations that improve the quality of life for our community through contract training, enrichment programs and service projects.
- a committed to the highest quality in teaching, research and scholarship, and service to our campus, our students, our communities, and our professions.
Penn State Scranton at a Glance
- 992 students
- Average class size: 23
- 13:1 student/faculty ratio
- 45-acre campus
- 55 full-time and 46 part-time faculty members
- Tuition: $13,484 per year for in-state, first year, full-time students
- Bachelor's & Associate degrees, Certificates
- First two years of a Penn State bachelor's degree in over 160 programs
- A wide range of continuing education programs including AutoCAD, e-commerce, human resources, real estate, supply chain management, technology, and youth programs and camps, etc.
- Customized training programs for businesses or schools
State-of-the-art computer labs
- Many athletic teams, cultural programs, clubs and social activities
- Privately-owned local housing available
- Just off Interstate 81 at Throop, Exit 188
*4 Based on information found in the Penn State Office of Planning and Assessment Fact Book.