The Penn State Scranton Commencement Ceremony will take place at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 4, 2024 at the Scranton Cultural Center.
Doors open at 11 a.m. Graduates from Summer and Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 will be recognized.
Commencement Location Details:
Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple
420 N. Washington Ave, Scranton
Watch online*: For loved ones who cannot attend in person, the ceremony will stream live on our campus Facebook page. Simply like/follow us in order to watch the livestream.
* Please note, while we will livestream the full ceremony, there is always a chance of technical/connectivity issues occurring beyond our control, which may cause delays or lapses in the livestream, or even cause the livestream to fail. Please be patient if you encounter these. Also, for that reason, we are also recording the 2024 Commencement ceremony in its entirety and will make that recording available at a later time in the near future to anyone wishing to view or rewatch it.
- Graduates will be emailed details in March and must respond to the Registrar's Office to indicate participation in Commencement.
- Even if you are not attending, please respond to the Commencement response form which will be emailed in March.
- Diplomas are not distributed at Commencement but are mailed home approximately four weeks after the commencement ceremony, regardless of your attendance.
- Check your diploma mailing address in LionPATH by selecting Degree Planning and Progress, then View Graduation Status.
- Learn more about your graduation eligibility
Tickets for Graduation
Tickets are not needed for Commencement. General seating for guests will begin at 11 am.
Please notify the Registrar's Office if you will require special accommodations, such as handicap access to the stage.
Arrival Time and Check-In
Graduates should arrive by 11:15 a.m. and must be checked in by 11:30 a.m. Please be prompt so that line up can occur once all graduates are checked in.
Academic Dress / Cap and Gown
Graduates participating in Commencement must wear a cap, gown, and tassel, or the uniform of one of the U.S. Armed Forces. Caps, gowns and tassels can be purchased in the Campus Bookstore. Tassels should be worn on the right side of the cap. Stop by or call the Campus Bookstore at (570) 963-2705 to order, or order for home delivery from Josten's.
Other Events for Graduates
The Grad Fair will take place in April. Please watch your PSU email for further details. There will be resources available to ensure a smooth transition for graduating students along with giveaways and raffles.
Rehearsal is Friday, April 26 at 12:15 p.m. (location to be determined closer to April). Military and honor cords will be distributed and name card corrections can be made at that time. Student Marshals MUST attend (you will be notified if you are selected as a Student Marshal).
More Information about graduation and Commencement.