Are you ready to graduate?
If you are ready to graduate at the end of the current semester, it will be necessary to take the following steps:
1. Meet with your Adviser
- Use LionPATH to view your Academic Requirements (Degree Audit) and review it with your Academic Adviser.
- You should meet with your adviser during the semester prior to when you intend to graduate and ensure that you are on track to meet all degree requirements.
- If you are missing course, credit, or grade requirements, you will NOT be able to graduate.
- You cannot graduate with missing or deferred grades.
2. Apply for Graduation
- It is your responsibility to notify the University of your intent to graduate.
- To apply for Graduation, navigate to the following menu items from your LionPATH Student Center: Degree Planning and Progress -> Apply for Graduation.
- Click Apply for Graduation and review your current program(s) and follow the steps until you see the confirmation message that you have successfully applied for graduation.
- Contact the Campus Registrar at [email protected] (from your PSU email account) if you have any questions, problems, or if you miss the activation deadline.
3. Update Your Address
- You will receive important graduation information in the mail, so it is imperative that your address is up to date in the LionPATH Student Center.
4. Check Graduation Status
- To check your graduation status and update your diploma address navigate to the following menu items from your LionPATH Student Center: Degree Planning and Progress -> View Graduation Status.
- Use the View Graduation Status to review and/or update your records.
5. Transfer your Credits
- You should avoid taking classes at another institution during your intended semester of graduation. If you do, you MUST ensure that Penn State receives your grades on time.
- To inquire about graduation deadlines, please contact Allison Burns ([email protected]).
Transfer credits should be sent to:
Penn State University
201 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16804
Commencement Ceremonies Information
Spring 2023 Commencement is Saturday, May 6, 2023.
- Graduation with Distinction
- Commencement Ceremony information
- Alternate Graduation/Commencement Option
- Diploma Distribution