Are you ready to graduate?
If you are ready to graduate at the end of the current semester, it will be necessary to take the following steps:
1. Meet with your Adviser
- Use LionPATH to view your Academic Requirements (Degree Audit) and review it with your Academic Adviser.
- You should meet with your adviser during the semester prior to when you intend to graduate and ensure that you are on track to meet all degree requirements.
- If you are missing course, credit, or grade requirements, you will NOT be able to graduate.
- You cannot graduate with missing or deferred grades.
2. Apply for Graduation
- It is your responsibility to notify the University of your intent to graduate.
- To apply for Graduation, navigate to the following menu items from your LionPATH Student Center: Degree Planning and Progress -> Apply for Graduation.
- Click Apply for Graduation and review your current program(s) and follow the steps until you see the confirmation message that you have successfully applied for graduation.
- Contact the Campus Registrar at [email protected] (from your PSU email account) if you have any questions, problems, or if you miss the activation deadline.
3. Update Your Address
- You will receive important graduation information in the mail, so it is imperative that your address is up to date in the LionPATH Student Center.
4. Check Graduation Status
- To check your graduation status and update your diploma address navigate to the following menu items from your LionPATH Student Center: Degree Planning and Progress -> View Graduation Status.
- Use the View Graduation Status to review and/or update your records.
5. Transfer your Credits
- You should avoid taking classes at another institution during your intended semester of graduation. If you do, you MUST ensure that Penn State receives your grades on time.
- To inquire about graduation deadlines, please contact Allison Burns ([email protected]).
Transfer credits should be sent to:
Penn State University
201 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16804
Commencement Ceremonies Information
ATTENTION GRADUATES: Spring commencement ceremonies will be postponed while the University explores options for celebrating the achievements of our students. These decisions align with recommendations from the federal government that call for restricting of all gatherings of more than 10 people. For more information: https://sites.psu.edu/virusinfo For campus specific info: https://scranton.psu.edu/feature/answers-concerns-about-remote-learning…