These requirements cover all University funded sources (professional development, RDG, TDG, and other grants.) All documents are to be submitted in hard copy to the Academic Affairs office for initial review and for final approval by the Director of Academic Affairs. Your signature is not required on the form. Please direct all questions to the Academic Affairs office.
In addition to the travel authorization form, supporting documents must be submitted which include (but depending on your particular travel, may not be limited to) the following:
Conference Information and Supporting Documents
- Include conference documentation that details the location and conference dates.
- Include documentation of registration fees
- Provide documentation that your presentation/poster has been accepted or reason the training/workshop is needed.
- If you submitted a travel request to support presentation of research, please include acceptance correspondence that states your paper, concept or research idea.
- If you submitted a travel request for professional development, please provide a summary of how the concepts, methodologies, knowledge learned from the conference will be applied to a course that you teach or research project you are conducting.
Documentation for Funding Expenses
Please attach a copy of actual or estimated costs for each item for which you are requesting funding support:
Meals and Lodging
- Lodging quotes for hotel(s). Lodging at private residences requires name and address and number of nights. Per diem rates do not apply to private lodging.
- Attach a copy of the per diem rates for your destination. To find rates, log into https://sapconcur.psu.edu/. Links for Conus and OConus rates are listed in the right-side menu.
Transportation by Air
- Airfare quotes - Airfare to be arranged through Anthony Travel
- Airfare with personal travel included. If personal travel is involved, comparison costs are required. One quote for conference travel only, and comparison quote that includes the personal time. The lesser of the two quotes would be applicable and comparison details, other than dates, must be the same.
Ground Transportation (public)
- Taxi, train, bus, limo, Uber, Lyft, subway, etc. quotes/estimates
- Parking costs (local airport or hotel parking fees)
- Rental car quote and estimated fuel costs
Ground Transportation (private)
- Parking fees (local airport or hotel parking)
- Mapquest or similar document indicating total round trip mileage
- Please refer to "Travel By Car" information for important details on campus ground transportation preferences for vehicles other than private auto use.