The reimbursement form, which is the same as the authorization form, Travel Authorization & Reimbursement Form, must be completed and submitted with required receipts to receive reimbursement for approved travel requests.
- The information on the travel reimbursement form (name, user access ID, report name, business purpose, itinerary, etc.) should be included, and updated if necessary, as per the authorization form.
- In the “Notes” line, please indicate that the report is a “Reimbursement Request”. As the same form is used for both authorization and reimbursement, it is important to note which action is being requested.
- All line item expenses should be updated (if necessary) to reflect actual expenses. Expenses should be the same or less than what was authorized.
- Print the completed form and submit it with all itemized receipts and supporting documentation.
- All itemized receipts are to be properly organized by date and expense type (like expenses should be sorted together, for instance rental car fuel all on one sheet) and taped to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper if the actual receipt itself is smaller than an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Do not staple the smaller receipts to form.
- With the exception of meal expenses, all other expenses will not be reimbursed if you do not have itemized receipts. Meals will be reimbursed based on applicable per diems. However, if the University purchasing card is used for meals, itemized meal receipts are required if a delegate is asked to resolve your travel. The ability for travelers to take a voluntary reimbursement reduction to adjust to actual costs if lower than per diems will continue to be encouraged.
Completed post travel documents for reimbursement should be submitted to Academic Affairs with the exception of reimbursement requests for nursing faculty which should be submitted to the Nursing Department for processing.