A celebration of undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative achievements.
Undergraduate students in all areas of study are invited to present their scholarly research and creative work through oral presentations, poster displays, gallery exhibits, or artistic performances.
Entries may be from a class project or assignment, senior thesis or research, an independent study, an internship project or a creative project in studio art, creative writing, music, photography, or theater. The work featured can be presented as an individual or group project.
|The 2023 Undergraduate Research Fair and
Exhibition is April 5, 2023
Students may find inspiration in the web showcases from past research fairs.
The participants can select from the four presentation modes listed below. The top presentations will be awarded prizes for the judged presentation modes. In addition, the University Libraries Award recognizes excellence in information literacy.
- Research Poster Presentation
- Judged for projects with less than seven students
- Oral Research Presentation, Judged
- Visual Arts Display, Optionally judged
- Creative Writing, Not judged
Entries must satisfy the ethical principles and established professional norms in the performance of all activities related to scholarship and research, as outlined by the Penn State SARI Program.
Key Deadlines for the Research Fair
- Online Registration Forms open: February 20, 2023
- Registration deadline for all projects/presentations: March 22, 2023
- Electronic poster submission deadline for research poster presentations: March 29, 2023
The 2023 Undergraduate Research Fair Schedule on April 5.
|Creative Writing Presentations by Students||TBD||TBD|
|Oral Presentations by Student Panels||TBD||TBD|
|Art and Creative Exhibition||TBD||TBD|
|Research Fair Overview and Welcome Remarks, Student Speakers
Awards for Visual Arts, Oral Presentations and Information Literacy Awards
|Poster Awards and Literacy Awards||TBD||TBD|