Creative writings can be presented at the Exhibition. If you are unsure whether a piece of work is appropriate for the exhibition, ask your project faculty advisor.
1. Registering Your Creative Writing Project
Consult with your project advisor prior to registering your creative writing to ensure the correct information is submitted.
To register your creative writing project, you will need:
- Your project advisor's name and email - This is the name and Penn State email of the professor with whom you spent the most time discussing your project. If other advisors contributed to your project in addition to the lead advisor, please indicate their name(s) only on the submission form.
- The number of pieces - You can submit several poems or a short piece of fiction or creative nonfiction. The total time of your reading should be between 5-10 minutes.
- A description of the project - Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, or Other (Please describe).
2. Presenting Your Creative Writing Project
Each student will have up to 10 minutes to present their pieces during the creative writing session. Following all of the presentations there will be time for audience questions.