Meet the Marshal: English student marshal, Alexandra Bouselli

English student marshal, Alexandra Bouselli, smiles for a photo at the Penn State Scranton entranceway.

Alexandra Bouselli

Credit: Shannon Williams

DUNMORE, Pa. — Penn State Scranton is shining a spotlight on the campus’ student marshals who will be leading their fellow graduates during the campus’ 56th commencement ceremony procession on May 4 at The Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple. In this series, we’ll feature students who have been selected as student marshals for their respective academic programs. Join us as we delve into their academic journeys, insights, and advice for future students.

Student Marshal: Alexandra Bouselli 

Major: English, bachelor of arts

Scranton: What are your post-graduation plans?

Bouselli: I plan to attend graduate school in the future after bridging myself into the workforce after graduation. I am currently looking for opportunities to work within the editorial field.

Scranton: What was your favorite memory at Penn State Scranton?

Bouselli: My favorite memory at Penn State Scranton is developing and creating close friendships with my peers on campus. I have met so many amazing people who have helped me so much throughout my college experience.

Scranton: What was your favorite learning experience?

Bouselli: My favorite learning experiences at Penn State was getting the opportunity to participate in our campuses Undergraduate Research Fair and Exhibition for three years, as well as participating in my Senior English Seminar to share my undergraduate English research.

Scranton: What experience prepared you the most for what is next?

Bouselli: One experience that has prepared me for life post-graduation is working with my wonderful adviser and professor Assistant Teaching Professor of English Kara Stone has helped me tremendously during my time at Penn State and has provided me with advice and the tools I will need to succeed.

Scranton: Who at Penn State Scranton has supported you and how?

Bouselli: As I previously stated, my adviser Dr. Kara Stone has shown nothing but support and guidance towards me since my freshman year at Penn State Scranton. She along with my other professors such as Assistant Teaching Professor of English Jody Griffith have helped me develop confidence not only within myself but with my academic work. I have also made plenty of friends within my major that have always made me feel supported regarding my undergraduate research and work in class.

Scranton: Do you have any advice for incoming students beginning their Penn State journey?

Bouselli: One piece of advice that I have for upcoming and future Penn Staters is to value your relationships with your peers and professors. At the start of my college experience, I did not have many friends on campus, nor did I feel comfortable speaking during my classes. However, once I started to push myself into making friendships with my classmates and began to formulate relationships with my professors, college was extremely fun. Therefore, I advise to also push yourself in making connections with those around you!

Meet the Marshal series

Stay tuned as we continue to highlight our student marshals for their outstanding accomplishments. Each individual represents the dedication, talent and spirit of excellence that define the Penn State Scranton community.