Notice: While Penn State continues to monitor the global outbreak of the coronavirus closely, the Learning and Writing Centers will provide services remotely.
The Penn State Scranton Learning Center can help you achieve your academic goals!
The Learning Center promotes educational opportunities and enhances academic achievement for all students. The Learning Center interacts with faculty, staff, and students to provide a range of services specifically designed to meet individual needs and goals.
The Learning Center offers Tutoring and Study Skills Help
- Individual and small group tutoring
- Faculty, professional and peer tutoring
- Online tutoring
- Study skills help
- Reference materials
See our Learning Center Policies.
Visit our Learning and Writing Center Canvas page.
We offer online, in-real-time options for general subject tutoring and writing assistance.
To meet with a tutor:
- Review Learning Center policies
- Register for the Online Scheduler and then log in to schedule an appointment
You can schedule an appointment with a tutor by visiting our Online Scheduler
Taking a course and need writing assistance? The Writing Center has you covered!
- Our Blue and White OWL online writing lab is an asynchronous way to get written feedback on your work.
- We also offer synchronous tutoring appointments through Zoom! You can schedule an appointment to meet with a writing tutor at mywconline.com
For additional inquiries, email Kate Lafferty-Danner at [email protected]
Study Skills Help
Would you like to take your study skills up a level? A professional Academic Coach can help students develop skills in time management, note taking, test taking, and more!
For study skills help or questions about online tutoring, students can contact Eileen Giovagnoli, Associate Director of the Learning Center, at [email protected].
Looking for information on the ALEKS Math placement test?