Let us help you become a more effective, confident writer.
Our writing tutors meet students where they are and provide non-judgmental, individualized one-on-one writing consultations. We see writing as a process and provide writing support for the brainstorming stage up through editing the final draft.
A typical session for writing support varies and is dependent on what the writer would like to work on, but is always driven by academic support that strives to give each writer encouragement and confidence in using their voice and becoming a better writer.
Our writing consultants can work with you on a wide variety of projects and papers for any discipline!
The Writing Center provides the following assistance for all students:
- brainstorming, outlining, and prewriting
- sentence and paragraph concerns (structure, clarity, organization, etc.)
- citing sources (APA, MLA, etc.)
- integrating quotes into papers
- editing drafts of assignments
- grammar and punctuation concerns
- scholarship or graduate school applications and essays
- presentations, PowerPoints, reports, group projects, and speeches
How to Get Writing Support
Taking a fall course and need writing assistance? The Writing Center has you covered!