Students in Penn State Scranton’s Human Development and Family Studies program have a truly unique opportunity to work with faculty and other students in an active research environment.
Faculty Instructor: Dr Parminder Parmar, Internship Advisor
- Lemoncelli, M. (HDFS), "Emerging adulthood: A cross-cultural Peek." HD FS 494, 9 credits. (August 20, 2013 - February 2014).
- Christine Byrd (HDFS) "Parent involvement and developmental outcomes of children" HD FS 494, 9 credits (2015).
Supervised Undergraduate Research
- Koche, S. (HDFS), Weaver, C. (HDFS), Guchanyk, S. (HDFS), Young, K. (HDFS), Larson, K. (HDFS), "How loving relationships improves one's self adjustment and self-esteem?" HDFS 429. (April 10, 2014). Won First prize in Undergraduate Research Fair.
- Davis, T. (HDFS), Maurer, A. (HDFS), Washo, C. (HDFS), McGavitt, A. (HDFS), "Sources of stress and coping strategies in college students." HDFS 429. (April 10, 2014).
- Zawwicki, E. (HDFS), Petrillo, F. (HDFS), Alpert, A. (HDFS), Lemoncelli, M. (HDFS). (January 2014 - April 10, 2014).
- Kilonsky, J. (HDFS), Selemba, M. (HDFS), "Exploring Temperament: A cross cultural perspective." HDFS 429. (January 2014 - April 10, 2014).
Completed Undergrad Research Projects:
- Kudey, S., "Siblings and Parental Acceptance and Psychological Adjustment of college students." 2010. (November 1, 2009 - February 21, 2010).
- Chorba, C., "Teachers', Parents' and Intimate partner attachment and psychological adjustment of college students.". (March 1, 2008 - February 22, 2009).
- Edgar, E (2015), ) The Relationship between Student Leaders' Backgrounds and Current Support Systems and their Leadership Roles and Qualities, in progress
- Slonaker R. & Strubble K.(2015) The Role of Positivity in College Students in progress