"It feels good to do good!"
That is the motto of the Community Service Club.
The Community Service Club is a very active club on the Penn State Scranton campus and the students get involved in numerous community efforts:
- Hosted Halloween and Christmas parties at the local Dunmore Armory
- Collection drives to aid foster children, the Women’s Resource Center, and Griffin Pond Animal Shelter
- Worked with the Children’s Advocacy Center and held events to bring awareness to the students, faculty, staff and community regarding child maltreatment
- Volunteered at the local Autism Awareness run
- Volunteered at a local assisted living facility
- Assisted with the PSWS annual Children’s Health Fair by staffing a face painting station for the children
See up-to-date information about meetings and events.
The faculty club advisor is Melissa LaBuda, Ph.D and can be reached at [email protected] for more information.