Disability Services

Disability Services

Disability Services Information

Penn State encourages academically qualified students with disabilities to take advantage of its educational programs. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against persons with disabilities in its admissions policies or procedures or its educational programs, services and activities.

For more information about services for disabled students, you may access the Penn State University Disability Resources web page at:


Campus Disability Contact Liaisons:

The Coordinator of the Learning Center serves as campus representative for matters concerning students with disabilities. Additional assistance is available with physical disabilities from Health Services.

Eileen Giovagnoli
Learning Center Coordinator
Hawk Student Success Center, Study Learning Center 11
Phone: 570-963-2678
Email: emg16@psu.edu

Jill Thoman
Campus Health Services Nurse
Hawk Student Success Center, Study Learning Center 10
Phone: 570-963-2681
Email: ajt151@psu.edu

Information for Prospective Penn State Students

The Pennsylvania State University is committed to providing access to a quality education for all students, including those with documented disabilities. If a student has a disability and wants to request an accommodation for a course, it is the responsibility of the student to first obtain a University accommodation letter confirming the disability and suggesting appropriate remedies.

This letter can be obtained from Penn State Student Disability Resource Contact. The contact person for physical, psychological and learning disabilities at Penn State Scranton is Eileen Giovagnoli, 570-963-2678, emg16@psu.edu.

It is encouraged that students request their accommodation needs early in the semester, and once identified, a reasonable accommodation will be implemented in a timely manner.

Students may also access the web site for Student Disability Resources at University Park: http://equity.psu.edu/student-disability-resources/ 

To learn more information about students' rights and responsibilities as they transition from high school to college, the US Department of Education publishes an informative brochure at http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html