The articulation agreement between Penn State and Luzerne County Community College (LCCC) provides an academic pathway for students who have successfully completed an associate degree program at LCCC to transition to a parallel baccalaureate degree program at the Penn State University College campuses. Students who have completed their AA or AS transfer degree program will have their application fees waived.
Pathway to Penn State Degrees:
- AS in Criminal Justice
- BS or BA in Administration of Justice (Hazleton, Schuylkill, Wilkes-Barre)
- AS in Biology
- BS in Science (Scranton)
- BS in Biology (Schuylkill and Scranton)
- AA in Business Administration
- BS in Business (Hazleton, Lehigh Valley, Schuylkill, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre)
- BA in Corporate Communication (Hazleton, Lehigh Valley, Schuylkill, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre)
- AA in English
- BA in English (Scranton and Wilkes-Barre)
- AS in Social Work
- Human Development and Family Studies/Life Span Human Services (Scranton)
- AS in Computer Information Systems
- BS in Information Sciences and Technology, Integration and Application Option (Hazleton, Lehigh Valley, Schuylkill, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre)
- AS in Pre-Engineering
- BS in Engineering, Alternative Energy and Power Generation Option (Hazleton)
- AS in Psychology
- BA or BS in Psychology (Hazleton and Lehigh Valley)
- AS in Social Work
- BS in Rehabilitation and Human Services (Hazleton, Lehigh Valley, Wilkes-Barre)
1. It is highly recommended that students meet with a Penn State Scranton admissions counselor to discuss the course equivalencies students need to take in the program transfer guide corresponding to their degree path. Contact admissions at 570-963-2500 or [email protected].
2.Students must complete an AA or AS transfer degree program, be in good standing, free of probation, and are required to have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Criteria for transfer admission may also include successful completion of specific course requirements. GPAs are recalculated to include all courses and grades, including all repeated courses, from all colleges/universities previously attended
3.To apply to Penn State submit the Penn State undergraduate admissions application and send official transcripts from high school, Luzerne County Community College and any other colleges or universities attended to:
Penn State Scranton Admissions
120 Ridge View Drive
Dunmore, PA 18512
Evaluation of transfer credits:
LCCC and Penn State University faculty evaluated equivalent courses at both institutions to create specific program-to-program transfer guides. Each transfer guide outlines the specific course equivalencies and approved substitutions for each academic program included in the agreement.
For credits to transfer, students must earn grades of C or higher in each course to be added to their Penn State academic transcript by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Transferability of courses not specified in the guides will be reviewed by the University College on a case-by-case basis.
An admissions counselor can provide you with the guide for programs you may be considering.