Learn How to Apply to Penn State
1. Create a My Penn State Account
MyPennState is where future students can establish a Penn State ID and access the online application. Learn how to create a MyPennState profile.
2. Start Your Application
Students can apply by using any of the applications listed below:
3. Self-Reported Academic Record
We require all first-year students to self-report their high school grades in place of sending a transcript, regardless of which application you submit.
The SRAR includes all of your high school coursework for grades 9-11 and your grade 12 course schedule. If your senior grades are available when you submit the SRAR, you should include them as well.
- Obtain an copy of your high school transcript to ensure accurate entry of the coursework completed and grades earned
- Log in to your My Penn State Profile and navigate to the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) section on your
- Complete the SRAR
4. Test Scores - Optional for 2020-21
SAT and ACT scores must be sent to Penn State directly from the appropriate testing agencies.
- Penn State’s SAT Code: 2660
- Penn State’s ACT Code: 3656
5. Check Your Status
Your application will be complete once these materials are received.
Login to your MyPennState account to check check your application status.