Veterans' Educational Benefits

Veterans' Educational Benefits

Contact: Stacy Shattuck, Enrollment Specialist, Veterans Certifying Official

Phone: (570) 963-2501



Many veterans of the Armed Services are eligible to receive financial educational assistance through the Veterans Administration.

Veteran students must complete an application for benefits to determine eligibility. 

In addition, veteran students must activate veteran educational benefits by contacting the campus veteran-certifying official. 

Please be aware that the Veterans Administration determines eligibility for benefits and payment rates.

Types of Benefits (Please click on the appropriate chapter for more information):

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty) - This program is for veterans who enlisted on or after July 1, 1985 and contributed to the educational fund while on active duty. 

Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation - This program is for veterans with at least a 20% disability rating due to service-connected injuries. 

Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill - Individuals who served on active duty after 9/10/01 may be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill if the individual served for an aggregate period of at least 90 days.

Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance - This program provides educational assistance for qualifying spouses and children of veterans who either died while on active duty or have a 100% disability rating due to a service-connected injury. 

Chapter 1606 - The Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserve) - An educational assistance program for members of the Selected Reserve of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, and the Army and Air National Guard. 

Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - Education benefit for Activated Reservists. 

Transcripts for Military Personnel