Congratulations on your scholarship award!
We are pleased that you have been offered a scholarship at Penn State Scranton. Scholarships are awarded based on a variety of criteria including academic merit, leadership potential, and financial need.
Students who've received a scholarship award for 2023-2024 academic year at Penn State Scranton are notified first through their financial aid summary and later via letter.
Finalize Your Scholarship Award
To receive your scholarship, YOU MUST complete the following:
STEP 1. NEW STUDENTS ONLY
STEP 2. Abide by the scholarship guidelines
- New and current students must abide by the guidelines of the scholarship that has been awarded
- Your award will be cancelled if you change your enrollment to a campus other than Penn State Scranton.
- Your award amount will be evenly split between fall and spring semesters.
- A change of major could impact award eligibility. Please contact The Office of Admission and Financial Aid if you're intending to change your major.
STEP 3. Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor identified in your award letter
New and current students create your Thank You Letter in a word document and upload it when you accept your scholarship online, see Step 4.
Include the following:
- Formal salutation: Dear Mr. and Mrs., Dear Ms., etc.
- Date: Month day, year (ie, January 1, 2023)
- Thank the donor for their support through the scholarship you were awarded (please name the scholarship)
- Explain why this support is so important to you
- Share what inspired you to choose your major
- Share any co-curricular activities or community service projects in which you participate
- Talk about opportunities you hope to pursue at Penn State Scranton and beyond
- Express how you hope to contribute to the field or degree you are majoring in
- Use a formal closing: Warm regards, With appreciation, Sincerely, etc.
- Be sure to include your signature in the letter before uploading it for submission
STEP 4. Complete the Scholarship Acceptance Form
Failure to accept your award could result in forfeiture of your scholarship. Include/upload your "thank you letter " that you created in Step 3, and submit the Scholarship Acceptance Form.
|New Student Deadline: May 1
|Current Student Deadline: August 1
5. Thank Your Scholarship Donor in Person
Scholarships are made possible by generous donors who are proud to support our students. You are required to attend both the Scholarship Recipient Information Meeting and the Scholarship Reception in order to meet and thank your donor. (Event dates and time to be announced.)
Should you have questions about your award please contact the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid at (570) 963-2500.