For new and current students who were awarded scholarships from Penn State Scranton.
Before you continue with this Scholarship Acceptance form, make sure that you fully understand the terms of the scholarship that you have been awarded.
New students, you must first accept your offer of Admission to Penn State Scranton.
Failure to complete and submit this scholarship acceptance form could result in forfeiture of your scholarship offer.
- New Student Deadline: May 1
- Current Student Deadline: August 1
Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor identified in your award letter. Create your thank you letter in a Word document and upload it using the form below:
Include the following in your letter:
- Formal salutation: Dear Mr. and Mrs., Dear Ms., etc.
- Date: Month day, year (ie, January 1, 2023)
- Thank the donor for their support through the scholarship you were awarded (please name the scholarship)
- Explain why this support is so important to you
- Share what inspired you to choose your major
- Share any co-curricular activities or community service projects in which you participate
- Talk about opportunities you hope to pursue at Penn State Scranton and beyond
- Express how you hope to contribute to the field or degree you are majoring in
- Use a formal closing: Warm regards, With appreciation, Sincerely, etc.
- Be sure to include your signature in the letter before uploading it for submission