Health Services Notice: Nurse Jill will return to campus on August 16, 2021.
COVID-19: During summer months, students who need Covid-19 testing resources can visit virusinfo.psu.edu or look for local resources such as Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, or your local Urgent Care for testing sites. Covid related questions can be answered at (814) 865-2121, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
A free 24 hour/7 day a week nurse advice line is available for all Penn state students at (814) 863-4463.
Health Services on Campus
Our campus nurse, Jill Thoman, RN, B.S., CSN, is here to assist all Penn State Scranton students during the Fall and Spring semesters in the event of illness and other health-related concerns. Health services are available to students at no cost and health records are strictly confidential. No information contained in a health record may be released without written consent of the student.
Nurse Jill can also help you:
- Submit PSU Immunization Requirements
- Seek accommodations for physical disabilities and temporary physical injuries
- Locate Student Health Insurance Information
Free, confidential counseling is available for students on campus in the SLC 22 during the fall and spring semesters. To schedule an appointment with Katherine J. Stefanelli, Ph.D. call (570) 963-2694 or email at [email protected].
Police and Public Safety is available for emergency responses when Health Services is closed in the summer. You can reach them at (570) 963-2555.
Local Emergency Resources
- Women's Resource Center and Rape Crisis Center - 24 hour hotline: (570)-346-4671
- Dunmore Police: (570) 344-0851
- Geisinger Community Medical Center: (570) 703-8000
- Regional Hospital of Scranton: (570) 348-7100
- Commonwealth Health (Moses Taylor Hospital): (570) 770-5000
- Affirmative Action Office at University Park
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800)-273-TALK (8255)