While Penn State continues to monitor the global outbreak of the coronavirus closely, services will be provided remotely.
Contact: You can contact Student Services and Engagement Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at (570) 963-2690 or email [email protected].
Additionally, a 24 hour/7 day a week nurse advice line available for free for all Penn state students at (814) 863-4463.
Our campus nurse, Jill Thoman, RN, B.S., CSN, is here to assist all Penn State Scranton students during the Fall and Spring semesters in the event of illness and other health-related concerns. Health services are available to students at no cost and health records are strictly confidential. No information contained in a health record may be released without written consent of the student.
Nurse Jill will be out of the office until August 17, 2020. If you would like an appointment when she returns, you can schedule through Student Services and Engagement at 570-963-2690.
Health Services on Campus
Nurse Jill can also help you:
- Submit PSU Immunization Requirements
- Seek accommodations for physical disabilities and temporary physical injuries
- Locate Student Health Insurance Information
Free, confidential counseling is available for students on campus in the SLC 22 during the fall and spring semesters. To schedule an appointment with Katherine J. Stefanelli, Ph.D. call (570) 963-2694 or email at [email protected].
Police and Public Safety is available for emergency responses when Health Services is closed in the summer. You can reach them at (570) 963-2555.
Local Emergency Resources
- Women's Resource Center and Rape Crisis Center - 24 hour hotline: (570)-346-4671
- Dunmore Police: (570) 344-0851
- Geisinger Community Medical Center: (570) 703-8000
- Regional Hospital of Scranton: (570) 348-7100
- Commonwealth Health (Moses Taylor Hospital): (570) 770-5000
- Affirmative Action Office at University Park
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800)-273-TALK (8255)