Christy Healey is April's Employee of the Month

Christy Healey, assistant to the financial officer at Penn State Worthington Scranton, has been named the campus' April Employee of the Month for her positive approach to her duties and her unparalleled work ethic.

In her nomination, Human Resources Manager Lorrie Deffley said, "As someone new to PSWS, Christy went out of her way to make sure I felt welcome.  During the time I worked from the Business Office, Christy always made sure that I had whatever I needed, greeted and ushered visitors into my office, and always represented the Business Office in the most positive manner."

PSWS Financial Officer Kim Bodan stated, "Christy's work ethic is unparalleled.  She not only performs her job flawlessly, she will pitch in and help wherever she is needed.  She has served on numerous search committees and that can be attributed to her excellent reputation which is not only campus wide but University wide."

The Employee of the Month recognition award was established by Chancellor Marwan Wafa to distinguish and recognize staff members who "go above and beyond the call of duty" in serving Penn State Worthington Scranton. Nominations are made by the Chancellor's Cabinet Members and approved by the Cabinet and the chancellor.

Congratulations Christy!