Penn State Worthington Scranton's Diversity Advisory Council has created the PSWS Excellence in Diversity Award Program, a new recognition award, to honor demonstrated commitment and outstanding efforts toward creating a diverse and inclusive community. PSWS will annually recognize one campus and one external community nominee(s) that meet the defined criteria. Nominees can be individuals, organizations, groups or units.
Nominees must meet at least one of the following:
- Engage in meaningful diversity activities beyond one's responsibility in order to encourage excellence through inclusion in the PSWS community
- Demonstrate efforts that foster a more inclusive and equitable learning and work environment
- Show evidence of inclusive teaching and/or program development beyond responsibilities
- Conduct research and/or creative activity related to the experiences, realities, and/or contributions of persons from less-represented populations
- Demonstrate leadership in programming, training, or other experiences which serve to advance diversity and inclusion at PSWS or the surrounding community.
Individuals or organizations can self nominate or be nominated using the online designated nomination form. All nominations must be received by the Chancellor's Office on or before Nov. 30, 2015. All nominations will be reviewed by a Nominations Review Committee, which will then submit recommendations to the Chancellor. One campus and one external community individual or organization will be recognized.
The results will be announced at a special recognition function each year on Martin Luther King Day.
For more information on this award, go to the Excellence in Diversity webpage.