Attending Penn State Scranton not only SAVES DOLLARS, it makes SENSE!
Much has been written lately about the cost, and value, of a higher education. We at Penn State Scranton understand the financial concerns of our students and families and urge all prospective students to keep two factors in mind when choosing a college:
- How will this college or university help me meet my life and career goals?
- What are the differences between cost and value?
Comparing Tuition Costs
At Penn State Scranton you’ll find the best educational value in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our instate tuition costs are among the lowest of colleges in the region. This, combined with our internationally renowned degrees, makes Penn State Scranton an excellent place to further your education.
Take a look at the tuition information for Penn State Scranton.
Financial assistance can help with the cost of attending the university. We know that many students and their families rely on financial assistance to help with the cost of attending college. Scholarships to Penn State Scranton are also available for many students who qualify.
The real value of a small school experience with a big university degree.
Penn State Scranton offers a more intimate, closely-knit community experience, with the same internationally renowned Pennsylvania State University degree that’s known by employers around the globe. Just think of the opportunities you will have by earning a degree from one of the largest and most prestigious universities in the world.
By joining our small, welcoming community you’ll gain experience and benefits that a bigger university just can’t deliver.
- You’ll become part of the largest network of alumni in the world, expanding your networking and employment possibilities.
- Classes are small and you’re more likely to develop relationships with faculty and connect with other students on campus.
- All classes are taught by faculty, not assistants, who are able to devote themselves to teaching and working one-on-one with their students.
- We can provide superior academic advising because advisers are not bogged down while tending to hundreds of students.
- It’s easier to get a recommendation for an internship or a job because staff and faculty are likely to know you by your name.
- We recognize that each student approaches learning differently and ensure everyone has the support and resources they need for personal wellness and academic success.
- Less competition means better opportunity for internships, awards, professional development and leadership roles.
- Lastly, but not least, attending a smaller campus like Penn State Scranton can offer a greater chance of receiving better financial aid because there are fewer people competing for the same financial aid packages.