Do you want to work for yourself?
The 2021 Teen Entrepreneur Challenge (TEC), hosted by Penn State Lehigh Valley in collaboration with various other Penn State campuses, is open to high school students. TEC educates, trains and prepares the next generation of innovators for success. Rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors learn key strategies for starting a business or business concept, and how to develop an entrepreneurial edge.
Grades 10 through 12
Programming and Outcomes
Experiences and outcomes include:
- develop a business profile that will address an issue we will face as a nation in a post-COVID world
- featured speakers from local businesses and virtual ‘field trips’
- real-world case studies and problem-solving activities
- explore ideas on sustainability, improving existing processes, and adaptability
- explore STEAM educational programming & develop new technology skills
- program culminates with a pitch competition including prizes
The Teen Entrepreneur Challenge is a $350 investment. (Financial assistance is not available to Penn State Scranton registrants.)
- July 6 - 16, 2021
- Tuesday through Friday
- Classes 10:00 a.m. - approx. 1 p.m.
Additional time may be required outside of classroom hours to complete assignments.
- Delivery: All programming will be held virtually this year.