The COVID-19 Pandemic has made it even more important for businesses to efficiently apply for, local, state, and federal grants that results in a satisfactory outcome to help keep their business alive.
Basic Grant Writing Overview
This Basic Grant Writing class introduces the Logic Model that can be used when planning a grant project and focuses on learning how to cultivate a granting agency prior to submitting an application.
- You’ll learn to identify funding sources and how to ensure a request that lines up with funder’s guidelines.
- You’ll learn to fully research proposal content and develop realistic goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Time will be spent discussing and developing skills on how to prepare a competitive budget.
- The class will review an application that was not funded and discuss possible reasons it was denied.
- Additional time will be spent learning how to prepare an evaluation and improving your writing skills.
This program in collaboration with Penn State DuBois is delivered in webinar style and allows participants to work on their basic grant application skills.
This training in grant writing is supplemented by additional “homework” and one-on-one correspondence with the instructor who helps students work on standard text that every company must have to apply for a grant.
Delivery: Virtual via Zoom
Dates: September 23, 30; October 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2021
Times: Thursdays at 9:00 am - 10:15 am
Cost: $295 - Contact us for available discounts.
Register Online For more information, contact 570-963-2600.
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.