This basic grant writing class in partnership with Penn State DuBois and the Pennsylvania Office if Rural Health.
Basic Grant Writing Overview
The COVID-19 Pandemic has made it even more important for businesses to efficiently apply for, local, state, and federal grants that results in a satisfactory outcome to help keep their business alive. This grant writing program will be delivered in webinar style and allow participants to work on their basic grant application skills. This training is supplemented by additional "homework" and one-on-one correspondence with the instructor, who will help students works on standard text that every company must have to apply for a grant.
About this grant writing class
The grant writing class will introduce the Logic Model that can be used when planning a grant project and focuses on learning how to cultivate a granting agency prior to submitting an application.
You’ll learn to identify funding sources and how to ensure a request that lines up with funder’s guidelines.
- You’ll learn to fully research proposal content and develop realistic goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Time will be spent discussing and developing skills on how to prepare a competitive budget.
- The grant writing class will review an application that was not funded and discuss possible reasons it was denied.
- Additional time will be spent learning how to prepare an evaluation and improving your writing skills.
- Delivery: Online via Zoom
- Dates: Thursdays, March 14, 28, April 11, 25, May 9 & May 23, 2024
- Times: 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Cost: $295 - Register for both Fundamentals of Fundraising and Basic Grant Writing for a 17% discounted rate of $496.34. Call 814-375-4715 for a coupon code.
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.