This four-hour workshop was designed to help educators meet the exceptional challenges they are facing due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The class will provide basic skills in tools any educator can use right away for remote teaching. While learning about these tools, educators will also be discovering best practices, tips and hints.
Note: Attendees will earn .4 CEUs toward ACT 48 professional development.
Remote Teaching Tools Overview
This course will provide an overview and understanding of the following remote teaching tools:
- Google’s G-Suite—A Google bootcamp
- Google tools for Communication
- Microsoft Outlook
- Content management systems: Edgenuity, Class Dojo, and others
Participants will learn to:
- Interact with students through Remind App, Screencastify, VoiceThread, Edpuzzle and Nearpod
- Make learning fun using Interactive games through Quizlet, Gimkit, Quizizz, and Kahoot!
- And more!
Remote Teaching Logistics
Dates: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 & Thursday, October 1, 2020
Times: 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
Location: Instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing
Cost: $60 seating is limited