Are you experiencing a mental health crisis?
Get help now:
- Call Counseling and Psychological Services at 570-963-2694 (Monday – Thursday, 8:30am –5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Call the 24/7 Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Go to Geisinger Community Medical Center Emergency Department, 1800 Mulberry Street, Scranton, PA 18510, Phone: 570-703-8000
- Call the Penn State University Police at 570-963-2555 or call 911
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline — 1-800 273 TALK
- Veterans’ Crisis Line — 1-800 273 TALK
Penn State Crisis Line
The Penn State Crisis Line can also be used for consultation if you know someone or are with someone who is experiencing a crisis. The Penn State Crisis Line can be used at all campuses. However, the caller must be in the U.S.
Scranton Counseling Center 24/7 emergency services
Individuals requiring immediate crisis services can receive services at any time through Scranton Counseling Center.
Call the Scranton Counseling Center at 570-348-6100. All telephone calls are screened by a crisis clinician.
Go to one of the local emergency rooms in Lackawanna/Susquehanna counties.
- Geisinger CMC
- Moses Taylor Commonwealth Health
- Regional of Scranton - Commonwealth Health
- Endless Mountains Health System
- Barnes Kasson
SCC also has available Mobile Crisis Team services available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 12:30 am, and weekends and holidays from 1:30 pm-9:30 pm, providing individuals support and a face-to-face evaluation at their home or a safe environment within their community. https://scrantonscc.org/programs