Student Activity Fee

Student Activity Funding

A portion of the Student Initiated Fee is designated for Student Activity Funding (SAF) to improve the co-curricular environment for our students.

How do you request funds for an activity?

Funds are requested by completing the Student Activity Funding Request Form on Engage and attending the SAF Committee meeting to present your request.

Funding decisions are made by the attending student members of the SAF Committee and the student co-chair will email each requester of the committee decision.

When are the SAF Committee meetings?

Regular meetings are held on a bi-weekly basis in a designated posted area and minutes are taken at each meeting.  

  • January 22, 2024
  • February 5 and 19, 2024
  • March 11 and 18, 2024
  • April 1, 15 and 29, 2024

How do you become a member of the SAF Committee?

The members are chosen and notified at the end of the Spring Semester and are called in for an informational meeting during the summer break.

The students chosen, although not members of the Student Government Association, are chosen based on GPA and leadership roles that they may have taken during the previous year.

The minimum GPA requirement for students to be part of the committee is a 2.5.

Who are the Committee members?

The Student Activity Fee Committee of Penn State Scranton is as follows:

  • Director of Student Affairs (chair)

  • Student Government Association Treasurer (co-chair)
  • Faculty member (as chosen by chair and co-chair)
  • Staff Member (same as above)
  • Students enrolled at the Scranton Campus

Procedure and Policy Adherence

The officers of campus clubs and organizations receive training on requesting and spending procedures and policy. 

Purchasers are reminded that:

  • Receipts for approved expenses must be submitted in a timely manner.
  • No Pennsylvania sales tax can be charged.
  • Some purchases such as food or bus rentals must be purchased through an authorized vendor.
  • Total purchases cannot exceed approved the amount.

Any questions should be addressed to the committee chair or co-chair.