Student Activity Funding
A portion of the Student Initiated Fee is designated for Student Activity Funding (SAF) to improve the co-curricular environment for our students.
Funds are requested by completing the Student Activity Funding Request Form on Engage and attending the SAF committee meeting to present your request.
Spring 2023 meetings are scheduled for January 12th and 26th, February 9th and 23rd, March 2nd and 23rd, and April 6th and 20th.
The members are chosen and notified at the end of the Spring Semester and are called in for an informational meeting during the summer break.
The students chosen, although not members of the Student Government Association, are chosen based on GPA and leadership roles that they may have taken during the previous year.
The minimum GPA requirement for students to be part of the committee is a 2.5.
The Student Activity Fee Committee of Penn State Scranton is as follows:
- Director of Student Affairs (chair)
- Student Government Association Treasurer (co-chair)
- Faculty member (as chosen by chair and co-chair)
- Staff Member (same as above)
- Students enrolled at the Scranton Campus
Procedure and Policy Adherence
The officers of campus clubs and organizations receive training on requesting and spending procedures and policy.
Purchasers are reminded that:
- Receipts for approved expenses must be submitted in a timely manner.
- No Pennsylvania sales tax can be charged.
- Some purchases such as food or bus rentals must be purchased through an authorized vendor.
- Total purchases cannot exceed approved the amount.
Any questions should be addressed to the committee chair or co-chair.
Regular meetings are held on a bi-weekly basis in a designated posted area and minutes are taken at each meeting.
Funding decisions are made by the attending student members of the committee and the student co-chair will email each requester of the committee decision.