Penn State Worthington Scranton will commemorate Martin Luther King Day by hosting a special program on the campus Monday, Jan. 18 at noon in the Study Learning Center. The program will honor both members of the campus community as well as a local organization, with its newly established Excellence in Diversity Award. There will also be a special presentation with an open discussion period, entitled: Race Relations in our Communities.
Following the program, attendees will head to United Neighborhood Center in Scranton to participate in a march to the Lackawanna County Courthouse.
- Engage in meaningful diversity activities beyond one's responsibility in order to encourage excellence through inclusion in the PSWS community
- Demonstrate efforts that foster a more inclusive and equitable learning and work environment
- Show evidence of inclusive teaching and/or program development beyond responsibilities
- Conduct research and/or creative activity related to the experiences, realities, and/or contributions of persons from less-represented populations
- Demonstrate leadership in programming, training, or other experiences which serve to advance diversity and inclusion at PSWS or the surrounding community.
Please RSVP your attendance prior to the day of the event by emailing: [email protected] or by calling Marianne Gable at 570-963-2539 or Student Services and Engagement at 570-963-2690.