Registration Information for the Center for Business Development and Community Outreach

Public Program Registration Forms


You will receive a letter confirming your registration shortly after you enroll. Confirmation will include course/workshop name, start date, time and location of program.

Employer Billing

Penn State will bill an employer for tuition and course fees when presented with a letter of authorization from your employer. A letter of authorization must be on company letterhead, indicating the student course(s) along with billing instructions. Authorization is required at the time of registration. Call us for more information.


Textbooks are available at the campus bookstore or can be ordered from the online bookstore.

Limited Enrollment/Cancellation/Refunds

A maximum class size is established for most courses. The University may cancel or postpone any course because of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. No refunds are made to students who withdraw from a non-credit course after the first class.

Continuing Education Units (CEU's)

Upon completion, each participant is presented with certificate or record of the CEU's earned. CEU's are awarded based on a standard of one per 10 hours of classroom instruction.

Records of CEU's earned are available on transcript for a $6 fee through the Records Office at University Park. Call 814-865-6357.


In case of inclement weather conditions students may call 570-963-2766 or register for PSU text alert messaging here

If the campus is CLOSED all classes are cancelled. The Center's programs follow the campus decisions about weather conditions. Arrangements will be made to re-schedule missed courses.

Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Dislocated Workers, Workforce Investment Act Students

Must provide a letter/contract outlining the program and fees to be paid. If you have questions, contact The Center for Business Development and Community Outreach at 570-963-2600 and we will direct you to the individual or agency you will need to contact. The Center has worked with TREHAB, SLHDA, OVR and JTPA in the past.

Programs For Veterans

Numerous courses are approved for veterans. Veterans planning to use veterans educational benefits should call the Financial Aid/Veterans Office at 570-963-2500.


The Pennsylvania State University is committed to providing access to a quality education for all students, including those with documented disabilities. If a student has a disability and wants to request an accommodation for a course, it is the responsibility of the student to first obtain a University accommodation letter confirming the disability and suggesting appropriate remedies. This letter can be obtained from the Penn State Office for Disability Services or the campus Disability Contact Liaison. The contact person for physical disabilities at Penn State Scranton is:

Campus Health Services Nurse

Jill Thoman
SLC 10
Phone:  570-963-2681
email:  [email protected] 

For all other disabilities see:
Eileen Giovagnoli
SLC 13
Phone:  570-963-2678
email:  [email protected]

Students are encouraged to request their accommodation needs early in the semester. Once identified, a reasonable accommodation will be implemented in a timely manner.

Students may also access the website:
for the Office of Disability Services at University Park.