What is a Penn State id+ Card?
The Penn State id+ Card is the official University identification card. It provides easy access to Penn State resources and packs a wealth of innovative technologies into one powerful and convenient card!
Why do I need a Penn State id+ Card? What can I do with it?
Your id+ card is used for a number of University functions and should be kept with you at all times, per University policy AD24.
In addition to visual presentation, your id+ card may be required to access University services via an electronic reading system.
You may need to present your id+ card when:
- Utilizing University Library services
- Reviewing your academic and University financial records
- Picking up your free copies of newspapers like USA Today and the New York Times through the Newspaper Readership Program (students only)
More information about your card can be found at: http://idcard.psu.edu/the-card
How do I get my Penn State id+ Card?
Penn State Scranton students can get their Penn State id+ card by booking an appointment online or by calling 570-963-2551 to make arrangements for ID card pickup.
The first id+ card received is issued at no charge. You will need to present valid identification: such as a driver's license, passport, or military ID - in order to receive your id+ card.
What if I lose or damage my card? What if my name changes?
We can issue you a new id+ card at the current replacement fee. The filing of a police report does not waive the replacement fee of a stolen card. Only the latest card printed is valid. Please come to Dawson 117 with another form of photo identification to obtain a new card.
Replacement of a card when there is a change in the cardholder status or name is free; however, the old card must be presented in exchange.
What if I have an older id+ Card? Can I get the new one?
Penn State Scranton students, staff and faculty were sent emails on Nov. 18, 2022 regarding a re-carding process for your student and employee Penn State id+ Card.
This initiative is part of the University’s effort to provide students and employees with updated, mobile-forward campus cards with updated photos, which will replace your older id cards. This effort is being coordinated with Penn State Scranton’s Information Technology and Strategic Communications departments.
Things to be aware of:
- Cardholders are being asked to submit new id+ card photos from Nov. 7 – 23, 2022 ahead of a spring 2023.
- New photos are being requested to ensure correct representation of the card holder and prevent future usage issues. You will be asked to submit a current, up-to-date photo to the id+ Office, which will review and approve photos.
- New id+ cards will be distributed in person, on campus, in Spring 2023 at date/location to be announced. Your old id+ card must be presented at that time in order to receive your new id+ card. An alternative form of identification may be required during the distribution event as well.
- Obtaining the new id+ card will be free for cardholders. All subsequent card replacements, outside of the re-carding event, are subject to a card replacement fee.
- World Campus and retirees will be re-carded on an as-requested basis.
Any student or employee who received an id+ card prior to May 10, 2022 will need to upload a new photo.
For those who may wish to have a new photo taken here on campus and sent to the PSU id+ Card Office, can schedule an appointment to have a new photo taken.