The Penn State Scranton Excellence in Diversity Award was created in 2015 by the PSSN Diversity Advisory Council to recognize and honor demonstrated commitment and outstanding efforts toward creating a diverse and inclusive community. Wel annually recognize one internal and one external community nominee(s) that meet the defined criteria. Nominees could be individuals, organizations, groups, or units.
Criteria for Award
Must meet at least one of the following:
- Engage in meaningful diversity activities beyond one's responsibility in order to encourage excellence through inclusion in the Penn State Scranton community
- Demonstrate efforts that foster a more inclusive and equitable learning and work environment
- Show evidence of inclusive teaching and/or program development beyond responsibilities
- Conduct research and/or creative activity related to the experiences, realities, and/or contributions of persons from less-represented populations
- Demonstrate leadership in programming, training, or other experiences which serve to advance diversity and inclusion at Penn State Scranton or the surrounding community.
Our Past Award Winners
Individuals or organizations can self nominate or be nominated.
- Nominee can be from individual or groups of faculty, staff, student or community members.
- Submit nominations online to the office of the Chancellor beginning November, 202.
- Nominee must submit a detailed description of the initiative/efforts made that promotes diversity and an inclusive community and its impact.
- Nominations Review Committee consisting of FIVE members appointed by the Chancellor of Penn State Scranton will review nominations and submit recommendations to the Chancellor.
Recognition of Recipients:
- One internal and one external community individual or organization will be recognized.
- Penn State Scranton will announce the results through a special awards ceremony, coordinated with the office of Development and External Relations, on the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.
- The recipients will receive a commemorative gift, media coverage, an opportunity to share with the audience a description of the effort and its impact