We seek to create a diverse student body through access and exposure to multicultural opportunities and resources.
We believe that a diverse campus environment is the best way to challenge our students to consider new cultures, perspectives, and traditions.
We are a diverse community of students committed to achieving success in academics, leadership and personal growth. The mission of Multicultural Programs is to educate the Penn State Scranton student population on issues of diversity, inclusion and cultural competence.
Multicultural Programs Include:
Multicultural Programs empower students to engage in discussions, initiatives and holistic learning experiences that prepare students for a global workforce.
- Diversity Circles - Groups of up to 12 individuals meet over five weeks to share individual points of view. These are free and open to the public.
- Movie Discussions - Evening movie showings followed by a facilitated discussion relevant to diversity and inclusion.
- Diverse Speakers – We host a variety of speakers on campus and support speakers and programs hosted by the Northeast Pennsylvania Diversity Education Consortium (NEPDEC) both on and off campus.
- My Life, My Story – This series celebrates the lives of our staff, students, and faculty.
- Multicultural Events – MLK Jr. Day celebration, Holi, and Diwali.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Events - Educational and cultural events that recognize and celebrate the rich, multicultural fabric of our campus.