Gallagher Conference Center, Room 106
120 Ridge View Drive
Dunmore, PA 18512
Dr. Richard J. and Sally Matthews Award for Scholarly Activity 2020-2021. Penn State Scranton
MLA, ACLA, ISSN, SLSA, INCS, NEMLA, MAWCA
- Griffith, Jody. Victorian Structures: Architecture, Society, and Narrative. SUNY Press, March 2020.
- Griffith, Jody. “Constructing Ordinary Time in Adam Bede: The Architectural Structure of Eliot’s Realism.” Studies in the Novel. Spring 2016
Ph.D. in English Literature, Temple University, May 2015
- Concentration: Nineteenth-century British Literature, Victorian Novel,
- Cultural Theory, Narrative Theory
- Dissertation: “All Men are Builders”: Architectural Structures in the Victorian Novel
M.A. in English Literature, Villanova University, May 2008
- Thesis: Resetting the Clock: Darwin’s Narrative and The Return of the Native
B.A. in Theater Arts, magna cum laude, Muhlenberg College, May 1995
Papers and Presentations
- Griffith, Jody (April 2021). “Mediating the Past in The Mayor of Casterbridge” American Comparative Literature Association, Virtual Conference.
- Griffith, Jody (March 2021). “Timeless Tales and Perpetual Change: The Fairy Tale in North and South.” Northeastern Modern Language Association, Virtual Conference.
- Griffith, Jody (March 2020). “The Least Said, the Soonest Mended”: Temporal Instability and Etiquette in The Way We Live Now.” International Society for the Study of Narrative, New Orleans, LA.
- Griffith, Jody (March 2019). “Little Dorrit’s Lengthy Lists.” American Comparative Literature Association, Georgetown, DC.
- Griffith, Jody (March 2017). “Disintegrating Oxford.” Northeastern Modern Language Association, Baltimore, MD.
- Griffith, Jody (March 2017) "Modern Thought... in such Decrepit and Superceded Chambers": Buildings and Bodies in Jude the Obscure.” Interdisciplinary Nineteenth-Century Studies, Philadelphia, PA
- Griffith, Jody (March 2015) “Constructing Novel Time in Ordinary Time in Adam Bede: The Architectural Structure of Eliot’s Realism.” International Society for the Study of Narrative, Chicago, IL
- Griffith, Jody (November 2014) “Freedom or Obedience? The Architecture of Dickens’s Little Dorrit.” Mid-Atlantic Association of Popular and American Culture, Baltimore, MD
- Griffith, Jody (October 2014) “‘The lock and key that kept him in, kept numbers of his troubles out’: The Architecture of Freedom and Obedience in Little Dorrit.” Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts, Dallas, TX
- Griffith, Jody (March 2014) “Ruskin's Museum: Glass Ceilings and the Oxford Museum of Natural History.” American Comparative Literature Association, New York City, New York