Multi-Purpose Bldg., Room 2
120 Ridge View Drive
Dunmore, PA 18512
Ms. Gray is an Assistant Teaching Professor of Kinesiology with over 20 years of experience at Penn State. She teaches a range of skill-based activity classes, along with first aid/CPR and human sexuality classes. Ms. Gray has presented in various settings, including nationally, on the ways she has utilized technology in physical activity courses and on strategic improvements to human sexuality classes. Additionally, she works with Kinesiology faculty across all Penn State locations to re-certify Kinesiology general education courses and to create the content and expectations of the Kines 88 Varsity Sports experience course. Away from campus, Ms. Gray enjoys golfing, reading, going to Wilkes Barre-Scranton Penguins games with her husband, and spending time with her nieces and nephews.
Resistance Training, Golf, Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball, First Aid/CPR/AED, Introduction to Health and Human Sexuality, Ultimate, Racquetball, Exercise for Stress Management, Fitness Walking, Personal Defense, Outdoor Pursuits
- Gray, G.M. (2017). Geocaching with the DCNR. Pennsylvania Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, Winter 2017/Volume 87(1), 3.
- Gray, G.M. (2015). Using Technology in the Weight Room. Pennsylvania Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 85(1), 2.
- M.Ed., Kinesiology with emphasis in Teaching Physical Education, University of Arkansas, 1998
- B.Sc., Health and Physical Education, Lock Haven University, 1995
Papers and Presentations
- Gray, Gina M. Five Strategies to Improve Sex Ed Classes, By You, For You webinar series from SHAPE America. (February 10, 2022)
- Gray, Gina M. Foe's Eye View: Engaging Students Through Perspective Taking Activities, Commonwealth Connections: Instructor Days. (August 11, 2021)
- Gray, Gina M. (Co-Presenter), Morgan, Kathleen (Co-Presenter). This Isn't Your High School Sex Ed Class: Dealing with Sensitive Content in a Digital Landscape, Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium-summer series, Zoom, peer-reviewed/refereed. (June 24, 2020)
- Gray, Gina M. A Faculty-Staff Collaboration for Course Re-design, Lilly Conference-Designing Effective Teaching, Bethesda, MD, peer-reviewed/refereed. (May 4, 2020)
Lilly Conference-Bethesda was moved to an online format due to Covid-19 pandemic. Presentation was recorded in advance of conference through Zoom and made available to conference attendees.
- Gray, Gina M. Swivl Video Recording Technology, Magna Teaching with Technology Conference, St. Louis, MO. (October 6, 2018)
- Gray, Gina M., Lewis, Griffith R., Hart, James W. Self-assessment and Individualized Learning Through the Use of Recorded Video, Symposium on Teaching and Learning with Technology, University Park. (March 17, 2018)
- Gray, Gina M., Kuntz, Amy, Michalec, Beth. Show & Tell: Infographics to Keep and Sustain Engagement, Symposium on Teaching and Learning with Technology, University Park. (March 17, 2018)
- Gray, Gina M., Lewis, Griffith R., Hart, James W. Swivl Robotic Video Recording System, Northeast Regional Faculty Development Day, PSWS. (January 4, 2018)
- Gray, Gina M. Multimedia in the classroom-Public service announcements, Northeast Regional Faculty Development Day, Penn State Worthington Scranton. (January 5, 2016)
- Gray, Gina M., Hatch, Margret I., Melnick, Janet A. Advising transfer students, Faculty Adviser Development Series, Topical #1. (November 10, 2015 - November 11, 2015)
- Gray, Gina M. Media Commons and QR Codes, Northeast Regional Faculty Development Day, Penn State Worthington Scranton. (January 6, 2015)