Tradition. Pride. Service. Excellence.
The Penn State Scranton Lion Ambassadors communicate Penn State's history and personality, strengthen University traditions, and instill Penn State pride in current and future students, alumni and friends.
Lion Ambassadors are student volunteers who have a great passion for Penn State and are interested in sharing their experiences with prospective students, family and friends of the University. We welcome a diverse group of students from a variety of majors, interests, and backgrounds to join this Admission's Office organization.
Become a Lion Ambassador
Being a Lion Ambassador is a wonderful way to meet new people and form life-long friendships. Ambassadors have numerous opportunities to interact with current students and faculty as well as perspective students and their families.
Share your pride, enthusiasm and commitment to the University by becoming a Lion Ambassador.
What does a Lion Ambassador do?
- Responsible for assisting the Admissions Office in various events including campus tours, open houses, and offer receptions
- Eligible to be considered for the Penn State Lion Ambassador Annual Scholarship
- Receive a complimentary Lion Ambassador shirt and jacket
- Add a sense of leadership and community on your resume
- Represent Penn State's most prestigious organization!
Lion Ambassador requirements and application process:
- Be a full-time enrolled student at Penn State Scranton
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Submit the online Lion Ambassador application
- Successful Interview - You will receive an Email after you submit your application to set up an interview date and time
- Attend the Summer Retreat
- Completion of background checks