Tradition. Pride. Service. Excellence.
The Penn State Scranton Lion Ambassadors communicate Penn State's history and personality, strengthen University traditions, and instill Penn State pride in current and future students, alumni and friends.
Lion Ambassadors are student volunteers who have a great passion for Penn State and are interested in sharing their experiences with prospective students, family and friends of the University. We welcome a diverse group of students from a variety of majors, interests, and backgrounds to join this Admission's Office organization.
What does a Lion Ambassador do?
- Responsible for assisting the Admissions Office in various events including campus tours, open houses, and offer receptions
- Eligible to be considered for the Penn State Lion Ambassador Annual Scholarship
- Receive a complimentary Lion Ambassador shirt and jacket
- Add a sense of leadership and community on your resume
- Represent Penn State's most prestigious organization!
- Attend all Admissions events including Open House and Accepted Students Day
- Be a part of a second family.
Become a Lion Ambassador
Being a Lion Ambassador is a wonderful way to meet new people and form life-long friendships. Ambassadors have numerous opportunities to interact with current students and faculty as well as prospective students and their families.
Share your pride, enthusiasm and commitment to the University by becoming a Lion Ambassador.
Lion Ambassador requirements and application process:
- Be a full-time enrolled student at Penn State Scranton
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Submit the online Lion Ambassador application by September 23.
- Complete the Cubbie process - shadow a Lion Ambassador
- Complete background checks
What else do our Lion Ambassadors do?
For a Lion Ambassador, being part of one club or organization is rare. Many of our Lion Ambassadors participate in at least two clubs throughout their Penn State career. We pride ourselves on our outside participation because it represents the continuing interest and diversity of our members that leads to better connections to prospective students. So, what are these extracurricular activities?
- PSU Athletics
- Peer Mentoring
- And much more!
Contact Penn State Scranton's Office of Admission
- phone: 570-963-2500
- fax: 570-963-2524
- email: [email protected]