Basic Strategies to Achieve Your Goals!
This workshop will use experiential learning techniques to allow participants to identify, learn, and apply basic negotiation strategies and skills in both one-on-one situations as well as in teams.
This topic provides a plethora of interactive (and fun) exercises that demonstrate current research and allow participants to apply what they have learned.
It also can be very complex, especially as the uncertainty of outcomes, the number of participants, and the number of attributes to be agreed upon increases and/or varies.
- Date: To be announced
- Time: To be announced
- Location: Penn State Scranton - Gallagher Conference Center (GCC) Room 109 120 Ridgeview Drive, Dunmore, PA 18512
Micheal D. Ford, MSISE, CFPIM, CSCP, CLD, CSSGB, CQA, CQE, CRE,ACPF, CPSM is an independent business consultant with 30+ years experience in retail, distribution, manufacturing and training.
Ford has experience in a wide variety of sectors: pharmaceutical, office supplies, food/grocery, aerospace, metal works, electronics, department of defense and non-profit.
- Analyze their own interests (what they want to achieve) as well as those of others
- Develop a position (what you tell the other party - not always the same as your true interest!)
- Exchange information (and when to do so!)
- Make assessments and reach conclusions under pressure
- Leverage their personality to be a better negotiator
- Avoid common pitfalls
Who should attend Negotiation Skills Seminar? EVERYONE!
While this topic is often associated with purchasing or sales, the basic strategies covered in this workshop would apply to all business functions, as well as to the relationships and situations they find outside of work.
We negotiate when we submit project proposals, suggest engineering revisions, change schedules, sell an idea, etc. Anytime and anywhere trade-offs exist, negotiation takes place.
This includes job offers; car and home purchases; with spouses or children; etc. Anytime someone wants something from another party, they enter negotiations.
- $249 - APICS/ISM/ASQ or SHRM member
- $299 - General public rate
- $249 - Corporate rate (teams of 3+)
Registration fees include:
- All instruction
- Lunch and break service
- All handouts and proceedings
- Certificate of completion
Contact 570-963-2600 for discount codes. Please have member number available at time of registration.