Enhance your English proficiency skills.
ESL students whose primary language is something other than English can prepare for college in this three-week extensive English language development course. This course enhances the student’s English proficiency and improves the listening, reading, writing and speaking skills necessary to be successful in their first year of college.
The course also informs the students of common college terminology used on college campuses, like campus departments and support resources, as well as provides an overview of research techniques, APA style references and the dangers of plagiarism.
- Dates: Sorry, this program has been cancelled.
- Times: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Fee: $425
- Location: Library Room 102
Eligibility for English Language Development:
- Students who come from environments where the primary language is not English.
- Students who have graduated high school or are going into their senior year of high school.
- Students must have scored a 3.5 or higher on the WIDA ACCESS test or show some evidence of their current English language proficiency level.
- May be eligible for school district Title III funding.