About the ERP Program
This non-credit Certificate provides valuable education on what an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is along with hands-on experience to help you move up within your organization or find a new position elsewhere. The program will focus on strategy and understanding business processes and how technology works in business.
To receive the Enterprise Resource Planning Certificate, participants must successfully complete their selected three courses from the below list, maintaining at least a "C" average.
Demand for applicants with ERP experience is growing locally as larger companies are implementing an ERP system to help manage business processes. Manufacturing and utility companies are leading the way with the most job postings requesting experience with ERP Systems.
Source: Burning Glass Technologies’ Labor Insight™ Real-time Labor Market Information tool.
Featured ERP Instructors
- Professor June Wright is currently a Senior Analytics Analyst at Air Products and also the President of the Philadelphia Chapter of Americas’ SAP® Users Group (ASUG). She has a Master of Science in Workforce Education and Development from Penn State University and also a Master of Science in Information Systems from Drexel University.
- Derek Loranca leads the Enterprise Business Intelligence Center of Excellence at Aetna, a CVS Health company. He is an SAP Mentor and Vice Chair of the Americas SAP User Group Philadelphia Chapter. A guest lecturer in analytics at La Salle University, he coordinates a wide range of technology user groups in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Derek holds an MBA in Healthcare Management and an MS in Healthcare Finance from Temple University, alongside a BS in Management Information Systems from La Salle University.
ERP Course Offerings
Leveraging your ERP with Modern Analytics – SCM 5030
Today's fast-paced corporate environment has brought a revolution of data analytics to every facet of modern business. This course will give students an overview of modern analytics tools, platforms and data structures. Students can then begin to weave modern analytics theories into their ERP's day-to-day practices. Alongside analytics architecture and design, some light analytics building will be accomplished using Microsoft Power BI.
Dates: September 14 - October 26, 2023
Time: Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 pm
Delivery: Online/Live instruction via Zoom
Registration: REGISTER ONLINE
Optional Credit Course: Introduction to ERP and Business Processes – MIS 404
This course will give you a competitive edge in two areas.
(1) It gives students a solid foundation of knowledge regarding how businesses operate and their key business processes, as well as, (2) hands on experience with ERP software to understand the software, in this case, the SAP ERP system, giving students insight into how an ERP system works and how it integrates and manages an organization’s business processes.
To review prerequisites, read course descriptions and view current offerings, please visit LionPath. https://lionpathsupport.psu.edu/. To apply, please visit: https://berks.psu.edu/how-apply-erp-sap-certificate.
Prerequisite: MIS 204
Dates: Mondays, Fall 2023
Times: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Cost: Part-time Student Tuition Rate
Cloud Strategies for the Enterprise – SCM 5032
This course will give students an overview of the different cloud implementations that occur in a modern enterprise. Public, Private, Hybrid cloud options? Infrastructure, Platform or Software as a Service? Students will learn about the various cloud options that modern enterprises have available to run their businesses on. You will leave this class with the knowledge to enhance your existing cloud applications or to launch cloud applications within your organization. Make sure your company is leveraging the power of the cloud. Cloud Overview - Is it really just someone else's computer?
- Cloud Types Private Public Hybrid
- Service Types Infrastructure (IaaS) Platform (PaaS) Software (SaaS)
- Service Providers Microsoft Azure Google Cloud Platform Amazon Web Services
- Consumer Cloud OneDrive Google Drive
- Cloud Analytics Big Data Visualization Data Discovery
- Implementation Strategies Self guided System Integrator Analysts (Supply/Buy Side)
Dates: Coming Fall 2023
Times: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Business Analytics in Enterprise Applications – SCM 5031
Students will learn the purpose and value of data analytics for an enterprise, be able to explain the purpose and differences between reporting, visualization and predictive analytics, and be able to extract business intelligence from various data sets utilizing various forms of analytics within the SAP ERP system.
This course is delivered in a blended format utilizing Zoom for video as the live face-to-face portion of the course and online in Canvas (the learning management system at Penn State).
Dates: Coming Spring 2024
Times: 6:00 – 9:00 pm